- Prepare a plan for emergencies. This past year practically all regions of the country experienced some type of an extreme weather emergency. From hurricanes, fires, earthquakes and winter storms, make sure you prepare you and your loved ones are ready in 2018 with an emergency plan from Ready.gov.
- Start and grow your business. Whether you are up and running, or just starting, the government has options available to help you get the work done. Learn about starting a business, selling to the government or filing taxes as a business.
- Buy a house. Whether you are looking into buying your first home, or relocating , the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) offers a variety of federal programs that can help you get that new home..
- Travel! Finally taking that dream vacation abroad in 2018? Make sure your documents are up to date or get or renew your passport in time. You can also enroll into one of the Trusted Traveler Programs (NEXUS, SENTRI, Global Entry or FAST) to get pre-approved by TSA and reduce the wait time at airport security.
- Stay on track to your retirement goals. It’s never too late or too early to start planning for retirement. If your resolution is to achieve a secure and comfortable retirement learn more about your Social Security benefits., Open a My Social Security account and see personalized information about your future benefits.
If you still don’t have any resolutions for 2018, USAGov can help. Contact us by phone toll-free at 1-844-USA-GOV1 (1-844-872-4681), chat, on Facebook or Twitter and we will try to find the official government information or program to help you achieve it.